Director of Esports Operations
Mainline is an esports technology company that hosts, administers, and manages competitive community-focused esports events and leagues through our white-label tournament platform. We’re a growing company whose core values of innovation, integrity, respect, service, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to create the best possible end-to-end tournament solutions for our clients, which include colleges and universities, major organizations, businesses, and brands.
We believe in the power of competitive gaming. We believe in our mission statement: “Making it easy to unlock the value of esports for everyone.”
Mainline’s Operations team is committed to creating meaningful relationships with our clients and partners and supporting the needs of the company. We are looking for a Director of Esports Operations to develop strong agency-style project management structures and policies, manage a rapidly growing team and their staffing and scheduling needs, and provide the highest quality esports experience to our clients. The ideal candidate is an empathetic team player who is proactive, personable, detailed oriented, and goes above and beyond to ensure all projects are executed successfully.
- Oversee all esports operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish team policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Utilizing agency-model structures and project management to appropriately plan, organize, staff, and execute for each client project
- Achieving and maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Developing and training employees to ensure the growth and abilities of the esports team
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
You are organized, self-motivated, and adaptable. You have strong communication skills, with an approachable personality, and love to manage projects from start to finish. You’re passionate about providing exceptional services and are not satisfied with the status quo – always thinking of ways to improve and grow current processes. You are a servant leader and work to foster a working environment that’s supportive, fun, and high performing. You know how to cater to the needs of a small but quickly growing organization and are excited to unbox new challenges.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a department leader, project manager, or similar related position
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of helpdesk/knowledge base systems and their specifications
- Strong understanding of customer service and support policies and procedures
- Proven ability to grow and lead small teams
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- BSc/BA in business, mgmt, or relevant field
Mainline offers competitive salaries and benefits, including paid health, vision, dental, life insurance, and short-term disability for the employee. We also offer unlimited vacation.
The Bottom Line:
We want to help you
Absolutely no pressure. No hard sell. Let's get together and see if we can help you grow your esports programs and tournaments.