Director of IT
Mainline is an esports technology company that hosts, administers, and manages competitive community-focused esports events and leagues through our white-label tournament platform. We’re a growing company whose core values of innovation, integrity, respect, service, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to create the best possible end-to-end tournament solutions for our clients, which include colleges and universities, major organizations, businesses, and brands.
We believe in the power of competitive gaming. We believe in our mission statement: “Making it easy to unlock the value of esports for everyone.”
Mainline’s Operations team is committed to creating meaningful relationships with our clients and partners and supporting the needs of the company. We are looking for a Director of IT to develop strong IT policies and systems, oversee all technology, development, and DevOps operations, and analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs. The ideal candidate is an empathetic team player who is proactive, personable, detailed oriented, and goes above and beyond to ensure all projects are executed successfully.
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies, security, and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
You are organized, self-motivated, and adaptable. You have strong communication skills, with an approachable personality, and love to manage projects from start to finish. You’re passionate about providing exceptional services and are not satisfied with the status quo – always thinking of ways to improve and grow current processes. You are a servant leader and work to foster a working environment that’s supportive, fun, and high performing. You know how to cater to the needs of a small but quickly growing organization and are excited to unbox new challenges.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience as IT director/manager or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation, security, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Strong understanding of Azure & AWS
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
Mainline offers competitive salaries and benefits, including paid health, vision, dental, life insurance, and short-term disability for the employee. We also offer unlimited vacation.
The Bottom Line:
We want to help you
Absolutely no pressure. No hard sell. Let's get together and see if we can help you grow your esports programs and tournaments.