Esports Tournament Administrator
Mainline is an esports technology company that hosts, administers, and manages competitive community-focused esports events and leagues. Mainline’s Tournament Administration team is on the front lines of the action, interacting with players, clients, and internal teams to bring esports tournaments to life.
We are looking for a Tournament Admin to help manage and execute tournaments across various game titles and platforms. You will join a team of passionate, empathetic, and dedicated tournament admins who love bringing players together for fun and competitive online experiences.
- Administer tournaments (scoring, round advancement, player communication, dispute resolution, etc.)
- Engage and convey information to gamers via multiple communication channels (email, Discord, streaming platforms, etc)
- Tournament site creation
- Write rulesets for various game titles
- Provide community support
- Prep documentation for tournament organization
- Create Discord servers with bot integration when needed
- Create and distribute player tournament surveys
Skills & Qualifications:
- Stable internet connection
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a player-facing role, managing or helping to manage online esports tournaments and/or online gaming communities
- Proficient in G-Suite, Discord, and knowledgeable of video game digital distribution platforms (Steam, Epic Games Launcher, Origin, etc.)
- Basic working knowledge of Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo Switch
- Basic knowledge of streaming platforms (Twitch, YouTube Gaming, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with others
- Strong time-management and organization skills for coordinating multiple events and priorities
- Capable of handling change in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Madden helpful
You have a strong interest in and passion for esports. You are organized, self-motivated, and adaptable. You are a learner. You can thrive in chaos because you’re the one to organize/structure/wrangle it. You have strong communication skills, with an approachable personality, and love to manage events from start to finish.
The Bottom Line:
We want to help you
Absolutely no pressure. No hard sell. Let's get together and see if we can help you grow your esports programs and tournaments.