Job Description and Responsibilities
Mainline is looking for a temporary Stage Manager candidate to assist us with an upcoming broadcast project. The immediate goal of the position is to aid our Tournament Administration team in scheduling, coordinating and executing a 3-month broadcast season of Madden NFL 2021.
This is a temporary, remote part-time position with a starting pay of $20 USD per hour. Candidates should expect to work 20-30 hours per week through the end of January 2021. Aside from the principal responsibilities listed below, candidates will occasionally be able to take on additional work related to the broadcast or underlying tournament should they be available.
Despite the name, all responsibilities for this position can be fulfilled remotely. All broadcast production, communications and tournament gameplay will be conducted online.
- Identifying candidates for broadcast matches, including backup teams, based on student availability and production schedule
- Gathering, verifying and organizing player information
- Maintain knowledge of broadcast streaming requirements – including conduct, apparel, and technical settings – and communicate these requirements to players
- Assist players in configuring, testing, and debugging their individual XBox One Twitch streams.
- Assist players in basic troubleshooting for any hardware and software issues that occur during rehearsals or broadcast.
- Coordinate between production team and students during live broadcasts.
- Coordinate with the tournament administration team to update bracket results in real time for broadcast matches.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience on at least 3 live esports broadcast shows.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Madden NFL video game franchise, especially Madden NFL 21.
- Working knowledge of the XBOX One console, including social and live-streaming features.
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Bottom Line:
We want to help you
Absolutely no pressure. No hard sell. Let's get together and see if we can help you grow your esports programs and tournaments.